Welcome back to Surrey Christian School Secondary Campus 2018/19!!
We are hoping for a great year of involvement with both Drama and Athletics this year. If your son or daughter is interested in being a part of extra-curricular fall sports or the mainstage production (play), please click the link below and fill out the appropriate information. Fees and expectations are outlined below.
Mainstage Production: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat (A Musical)
Expectations/Commitment: Rehearsals twice a week (3-5:30) from January to end of February for those in specific scenes. Rehearsals three times a week (3-8:30) from end of February to Spring Break for the full cast. Production runs April 3-6 and April 10 -13. (No rehearsals over Spring Break.)
Schedule: Auditions are at the end of November. A couple meetings in December. Rehearsals from January to Spring Break. Performances right after Spring Break.
Fees/Costs: Possible Drama Retreat in Jan/Feb which would cost $150 for a 3 day/2 night trip. No other costs.
Gr. 8 and Jr Volleyball – Practices/games 3 times a week, 3-4 Friday/Saturday tournaments between September to mid-November. One of the tournaments will involve travel. Parent drivers or volunteers will be needed for these teams.
Sr. Volleyball – Practices/Games 3-4 times a week, 4-5 Friday/Saturday tournaments between September to end-November. One of the tournaments will involve travel.
– Thursdays from 3-5 starting the first week of October.
– Competitive season runs October – January
– Preparation for outdoor climbing runs February – May
– Final outdoor climbing trip – end of May
Boys Soccer – Train/play 2x per week. 3 tournaments – 1 is travel. Season runs September to the end of October
Please refer to the google Calendar for information (Click on the “week” view for easy viewing):
Try out Times:
– Gr. 8 boys Volleyball @ Sept 10 and 12 (3-5pm). Team begins full training the week of September 17th.
– Gr. 8 Girls Volleyball @ September 11 and 13 (3-5pm). Team begins full training the week of September 17th.
– Jr. Boys Volleyball @ September 6th and 7th (3-5pm)
– Jr. Girls Volleyball@ September 4th (12:30-3pm), 5th (3-5pm)
– Sr. Girls Volleyball @ September 5th (3:30-6pm) and 6th (5-7pm)
– Sr. Boys Volleyball @ September 4th (3:30-5:30pm), 5th (3:30-5pm – Elementary) and 7th (3-5pm)
– Boys Soccer @ September 6th (3:30-5)
One time Athletic Fee/Athlete per year of $65
Fall Sports fees:
– Soccer Fee is $75
– Gr. 8 and Jr. Volleyball Fee is $75.
– Sr. Volleyball Fee is $110.
– Rock Climbing – $100 – all year